Thursday, January 6, 2011

Birthdays, A Funeral and Current Projects

I have been in a bit of a funk for the last couple of days.
I have 3 birthday to celebrate this week, so it has been kind of hard to focus on making things for my business.

I had to go to a funeral sevice yesterday,
which was in fact very beautiful.
Probably the most wonderful service I have been too.
It wasn't hard to go to this service.
The man who passed was my "godfather" and a wonderful man at that who lived to be
90 years old!
I don't normally handle funerals well,
not that I know anyone who does,
but they are just so uncomfortable for me.
I tend to deal with those emotions more privately...
Anyway, this funeral was very nice and he had many, many friends who shared wonderful stories about how wonderful he was.
The hard part for me was that it was in the church where my fathers service was held
(and I haven't been there since).
There were also some family members there that have not been the most wonderful people to me, my mom or my sister.
(long boring story that just goes on and on...)
It was hard for me to see these people that play with my head,
it was heartbreaking actually.
But I guess that is life sometimes, right?

On a happier note,
before my funk I was able to get some more yarn finished and ready for dyeing
and some felted ready to be sewn/embroidered.



Now I have some watercolors to work on.
What have you been working on lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment