Monday, March 25, 2013

Springtime coziness




For years now I have been trying to find more time (and gathering knowledge about) dyeing using plants and other natural things. I finally found a wonderful friend who is a wealth of information, not only about naturally dyeing, but plants in general. A woman after my own heart since I also work with plants in many different ways.
Finally, I have been playing around with indigo.
I have been seeing blue lately, it is in all of my work, if not the only major color in my paintings and my natural dyeing seems to be no exception. I have a few scarves that I had dyed and have been wearing around for a while and I love them so much that I decided to share with you.
This cowl is light and cotton and perfect for a balmy (or not so balmy) day.




I especially love the little star-burst of blue that is on one side.

Find it HERE.


2 comments:

  1. It's so nice. I would like to learn how to dye clothes, maybe some day....

    Have a great day!!

    Lluisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty!! I love it, your so talented and that blue is so pretty!!

    Happy Spring Love!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete