Friday, March 14, 2014

Happy Pi Day

This is how you celebrate Pi Day.
By baking tasty breads.. With a Posey-Pi (short for Pionus)!








Posey is my baking partner, she always demands to be on my shoulder while doing the mixing.

Today we made pumpkin-ginger bread featuring some locally grown and freshly ground whole wheat flower from Alprilla farm. I will tell you, you haven't had good whole wheat flour until you have had it fresh like this! I don't know if they just have an excellent product or if it always needs to be freshly ground, but man does it make for excellent baking! Not to mention the fresh, local duck eggs that somehow always make whatever is baking lighter and fluffier.

Do you like to bake?



4 comments:

  1. I love to bake, I bake ALL THE TIME. I just don't have a baking buddy, only my two jacks (russell terriers) getting under foot looking for crumbs...During college I worked in a bakery that used all whole wheat flour. We would mill the wheat flour fresh everyday and made tons of varieties of bread. After every shift you could take home fresh bread as a "perk". It was the best! I still go there all the time to buy stuff, but I sure do miss the free bread and goodies! Its called Loafers bread co, based in Pittsburgh. Today I picked up one of my favs, Irish soda bread. You can check them out online, they have a bread schedule you can look at for some great bread ideas. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds delicious! I will have to take a look!!!
      We have 4 dogs in the house so I understand the "dogs underfoot" part...
      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. Posey always makes me smile!
    Are you seeing any signs of spring out there, Britt?
    A renegade Robin here, a new bud there. I see it slowly returning.
    And you know I'm ready. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are seeing some signs of spring, Lynn.
      There were some lilies starting to poke up and there is definitely more birdsong... And a few warmer days, too!

      Delete