Saturday, May 1, 2010

The last week and a half of my life...

Ok so I have totally been slacking on this here bloggy thingy...
I know, its silly.
I am totally a procrastinator!
Anyhoo...
Here is a little overview of the last week and a half or so:

First of all, I want to say THANK YOU!!! to the wonderful Jozen for my lovely gifties from the exchange that I signed up for through Cole's Blog...
We chose 3 things that we loved or meant something to us and shared them with a partner.
(I hope Jozen may see this because I don't know what her blog is...)
Here is the loveliness that arrived for me!



Look at all those amazing goodies!
I love that little pouch, it is perfect for my biz cards!

P.S. that lip balm is TOTALLY AWESOME! I didn't open it right away and when I did, I was totally psyched to find it was an awesome red! (It looks totally hot on me, ha ha ha!)

So THANK YOU so much Jozen! I love it ALL!!!

Next on the list of what I did:

The weekend before last we had a little puppet appearance in town to help promote a little festival we are doing in June.
Andy had to work so it was me, our friend, Spencer and help from his nephews and sister.
The festival is called Celebration of the Sea so we made a sea maiden.

Isn't she lovely?
it was sooooooo windy, but I think we did a pretty good job!
That was just a short little appearence.
Thanks to Sebastian, Aiden, Barbara and Spencer for your help!

Then we took a little trip to Maine to visit some friends.
(sorry no photos!)
It was nice to see them for a few days!

Ok and the Finally of the last week and a half was this past weekend.
We have been spending a lot of time getting ready for a performance that we had at the Children's Museum in Dover, NH.
The show was a story that I wrote and have been working on illustrations for as a children's book (for the last 2 years).
This show was in the little puppet stage as opposed to the BIG puppets that we normally do.
It was stressful for me because it was going to be the first public appearance in any form for my story.
It is just a short little play, maybe around 15 or 20 minutes.
It went really well, all the kids (and parents) loved it and they were super excited to come up and go in the stage and play with the sound effects and puppets afterwards!


Having fun with the puppets!

Playing with the sound effects!

Andy showing the kids how to play the drum.

I wish I thought to ask all the kids names, they were so priceless!
I still can't believe how interested and enthusiastic they were!
Total success, I would say!

So that is my last week and a half.
What have you all been up to?

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you have had so much fun over the week, and you have been so busy! I think we can forgive you for a lack of posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We wish we were at Dover! Next time hopefully now that I am only working perdiem

    ReplyDelete
  3. isn't jozen lovely? and that was SUCH a fun swap! :)

    i think it's awesome that you and andy work with puppets- you make children (and adults) laugh and tell your story through such pretty art... well that's just fabulous :)

    THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH again for the beautiful water color, pin, and card! you dear friend are a darling! xo

    ReplyDelete