Monday, November 11, 2013

'Tis the Season: Wildharvesting Cranberries








There is a "dry" (different than a dried up) cranberry bog where my mom, her boyfriend and I go picking. It is kind of one of those places that is a well kept secret.
If you don't know where it is, well then you just don't know...

We went to harvest this weekend, hoping that there would be an abundance of cranberries.
It was pretty scarce, however.
Maybe it was just the crop (or lack of) this year, or maybe we were just a week or 2 late.
Who knows.
What I do know is that I am thankful to have a half gallon of local, wildharvested cranberries. Just need to wash them and pop 'em in the freezer until they will become cran-apple pies and home made cranberry sauce. Mmm....

Do you have anything that you like to harvest seasonally?


1 comment:

  1. Love the footprints in the sand.
    And I love cranberry sauce!
    Bliss to you and your furry creatures!

    ReplyDelete