Monday, June 13, 2011

Piping Plover and a bit of Introspection











I love these little birds!
It is hard to tell how small they really are from the photos, but they are pretty petite.
It was funny to watch them running around on the beach and then retreating to the dunes...


These birds have been listed as endangered for quite some time now, but I have to say, they seem to be quite abundant on this particular beach (which is very good!).
I hope that they other areas around the country where they are endangered see their populations rise as well!

...

On a separate subject, I have been getting geared up for (or rather I should say procrastinating, since that seems to be what I am best at at the moment!) for a fair this saturday.

To be honest, I am a bit nervous.
I am very lucky wherein I have never been rejected from a show and have always made money, even if it isn't much, at a fair,
but this year has been very different.

So far I have been rejected from 2 juried shows and lost money on my first 2 tables this season and I am not quite sure what to make of it.
I have been working very hard trying to get my online business up, but it is so difficult.
I am not trying to complain, it is just frustrating and can be a bit disheartening.
It is very hard not to doubt myself when this sort of pattern arises.


I am trying to look at it as lucky.
Up until now I have always had some sort of positive response to my work and although not always super successful, I always come out on top in one way or another.
It is hard to hold onto this, but I am trying my darndest not to be sucked down into a place of self-doubt and over critical thinking towards myself...


...Aaaanyways...
I am going to bed now, but I hope you are all having a good beginning to your week!






No comments:

Post a Comment