This year has been a year of many transitions and frankly, I feel like I am having a hard time catching up.
With that said here is a little bit of what has been going on (translate: what has been distracting me from posting on this blog)...
1. It started with me finding the person that I am meant to be with. My true love, if you will (I know, kind of corny, but it's the truth).
2. I have moved twice in the last 8 months, once last January and then again at the end of August/beginning of September (hence my absence during that month).
3. There is a new puppy in the house. This you already know from my previous postings.
4. I just set my studio back up from moving last month. I haven't really had a good place to get my work done which has thrown my whole being off basically. I mean, I have had space, just not designated space, so I have had to take advantage of the living room when people aren't home.
5. I started working a few hours, a couple days a week at our (awesome) local yarn shop. This is both good and bad. While it is wonderful to have a little extra income on the side and work with some of the best people in the world, it is not helping my hoarding of beautiful (and sometimes expensive) yarns. It can almost be like torture when I am there for hours and I am face to face with gorgeous yarns and I have to tell myself not to take them all home!
6. The Boy and I have looked at buying a house. Actually, we have more than looked, we have put in an offer and are now trying to get financing. This is wonderful, yes? YES!... However, in true Brittan fashion, I always choose the most complicated situations and of course this is no exception (too much detail to go into, but this place will be well worth it if we can get financing!). I guess I just learn about life by doing things the hard way. So, if you all want to be a love, help us manifest, help us think positive thoughts, whatever you want to do! The more energy we put towards this, the more likely it is for it to all work out! Thanking you most kindly! <3 p="p">3>
7. I have been trying to get orders done for upcoming events, custom/commissioned orders and stores.
So, that is basically what I have been up to during the time I have been MIA.
Meanwhile, as I am sitting here typing this, I am eating my breakfast (the worlds worst instant oatmeal, yuck! What was I thinking!?!), drinking my tea with local raw goats milk and thinking "boy, life has been a wee bit crazy, but I wouldn't have it any other way!"
What have you all been up to?