Friday, February 10, 2012

Tattoo

I am a fan of body art and self expression,
may it be piercing
(within reason, I have definitely seem some that I just don't get...),
dyed hair,
or tattoos.
I have many friends with one, some or all of these things.
I have gone through phases with some of these things.

But I have never really felt like the type of person who would get a tattoo,
as much as I can and do appreciate them,
it just didn't feel like me...
Until recently.

I have been doing quite a bit of sketching lately.
Well, acutally it is something that I have always done,
but lately I am finding my work to look more and more like it would be appealing as a tattoo.

So the other day, while procrastinating,
I started to doodle on my arm.

This is what I came up with.



I think I like it.
Yay for sharpie markers!

So I don't know if I will actually go through with this one,
I am worried that I might get sick of it
or critical (as I am so with all of my work),
but it feels good at the moment.

Actually, I think that the first thing I would get would be two thin, green or green/blue
hand drawn lines going around the top of my forearm
(you can kind of see the beginning to the right of the tattoo)
I have wanted this for a while.
Simple and looks nice.
So maybe I will start with that,
although I am undecided about whether I would get them all the way around like my original idea because I kind of like the way they look meeting up with the base of this tattoo design.

Anyway, do you have any ink?
Did you draw it yourself?
Are you happy with the decision to permanently decorate yourself?



1 comment:

  1. I am not a huge fan for myself, but I think it could look cool. It will hurt though...

    ReplyDelete