I have been experimenting with collected wild flowers, berries and some other things.
Trying to get a range of color, finally off my indigo kick (I get like that with things, obsessed with a color, texture, shape, whatever...)
So far I am happy.
In order of photos:
1. Staghorn sumac (first bath)
2. Cochineal... Not wild harvested around here, color from little bugs, actually. But I wanted to play and see, the color is nice, but not sure if I will continue with this as a dye other than playing around here and there.
3. Tansy (yellow) over-dyed with indigo to achieve the green.
4. Same as #3, but dipped the whole scarf.
5. From bottom to top: First 3 are staghorn sumac (1st, 2nd and 3rd dip in the same bath), tansy, tansy/indigo, cochineal (first dip), cochineal (second dip), last 2 cochineal/indigo.
6. Scraps from above scarves sitting atop a sumac scarf
Do you do any natural dyeing?
I would love to hear about it!
I am hoping to have a couple of the scarves in the shop by the end of the weekend.
So check HERE later!