Sunday, October 28, 2012
This is what was in the sky yesterday.
Actually, it was more than just the two rainbows seen here. There were two others that looks smaller and more whispy and white and also a double rainbow where they faced the same direction.
Amazing and truly beautiful!
Hope you are all warm and dry. We are supposed to have some huge hurricane, but they say this every year and it is just a windy rainstorm. Eh, that is why I don't watch the news. They lie.
Anyway, happy Sunday to you all!!!
Saturday, October 27, 2012
Thursday, October 25, 2012
Monday, October 22, 2012
This is Dory, he is Nate's aunt's horse.
Dory is 32! And lookin' good!
What a sweet boy, he is kind of like a lab in personality, always sweet, very mellow and always begging for a treat! I think veda was trying to play with him because she kept coming up to him and then scampering away (which is sometimes how she plays). It was really cute, plus Dory likes dogs... We went to see him and take him for a little walk on Saturday which ended up being perfect since it was absolutely gorgeous out!
I hope you had a wonderful weekend!!!
Saturday, October 20, 2012
I am making a slow recovery with both my work and posting here. While I have been working here and there on my art, it is nowhere near what I am normally producing.
However, I have some new things going on...
I was excited this morning to wake up and decide that I was finally going to make myself an infinity scarf using the cotton jersey that I had dyed with indigo at a friends house a couple of weeks ago! I have been having visions of including some indigo dyeing into my work. I love the experimentation involved in this dyeing process. I am sure there are ways to be exact, but I like to throw caution to the wind and just wing (for the most part) it with pretty much everything I do... so here is the result of my scarf, what do you think?
(I was thinking of maybe making a couple to add to the shop... Anyone interested?)
I finally got to somewhat set my studio back up! whoooot!!!
This is my "desk" area.
I tend to work on the floor a lot, but this is a good space for me to do computer work, paint or work on jewelry. And of course, Posey has a spot next to me so she can supervise.
And lastly, I have been working on a few knitting project, which doesn't help with me being distracted from my real work. I have been working on my first ever sweater (I will have to remember to post about it...).
Knitting seems to be what I call my "pleasure craft", meaning I mostly do it just for myself, but I am finally getting out the crochet hook and stones that I got this summer to create some new pendants and necklaces! I am pretty pumped about these, I have some new types of stones to work with, including pyrite, polished flourite and some big, chunky citrine...
So that seems to be my focus today, well, at least for this morning...
I still have all sorts of stuff to do pertaining to the house. I feel like all I do is make phone calls lately, and I hate the phone! Not to mention that I really don't know what I am doing, so this is all a learning experience! But hopefully it will all pay off in the end!
I hope you are having an amazingly blissful Saturday.
I hope you have an amazingly blissful weekend!
Tell me, what are you up to?
Thursday, October 18, 2012
First of all I want to say thank you to everyone who follows this blog, both new and old (As well as those who follow me on fb), I know my posting has become farther and farther apart, but I appreciate you holding on! I also appreciate your beautiful and sweet comments!!!
This year has been a year of many transitions and frankly, I feel like I am having a hard time catching up.
With that said here is a little bit of what has been going on (translate: what has been distracting me from posting on this blog)...
1. It started with me finding the person that I am meant to be with. My true love, if you will (I know, kind of corny, but it's the truth).
2. I have moved twice in the last 8 months, once last January and then again at the end of August/beginning of September (hence my absence during that month).
3. There is a new puppy in the house. This you already know from my previous postings.
4. I just set my studio back up from moving last month. I haven't really had a good place to get my work done which has thrown my whole being off basically. I mean, I have had space, just not designated space, so I have had to take advantage of the living room when people aren't home.
5. I started working a few hours, a couple days a week at our (awesome) local yarn shop. This is both good and bad. While it is wonderful to have a little extra income on the side and work with some of the best people in the world, it is not helping my hoarding of beautiful (and sometimes expensive) yarns. It can almost be like torture when I am there for hours and I am face to face with gorgeous yarns and I have to tell myself not to take them all home!
6. The Boy and I have looked at buying a house. Actually, we have more than looked, we have put in an offer and are now trying to get financing. This is wonderful, yes? YES!... However, in true Brittan fashion, I always choose the most complicated situations and of course this is no exception (too much detail to go into, but this place will be well worth it if we can get financing!). I guess I just learn about life by doing things the hard way. So, if you all want to be a love, help us manifest, help us think positive thoughts, whatever you want to do! The more energy we put towards this, the more likely it is for it to all work out! Thanking you most kindly! <3 p="p">3>
7. I have been trying to get orders done for upcoming events, custom/commissioned orders and stores.
So, that is basically what I have been up to during the time I have been MIA.
Meanwhile, as I am sitting here typing this, I am eating my breakfast (the worlds worst instant oatmeal, yuck! What was I thinking!?!), drinking my tea with local raw goats milk and thinking "boy, life has been a wee bit crazy, but I wouldn't have it any other way!"
What have you all been up to?